Jacinto Salvadó’s biography is the synthesis of an exciting story of artistic vocation and quest for a personal language. His chronological summary allows discovering a life full of surprises.
• 1892. Born in Mont-Roig. Suffers from blackwater fever. Afterwards he relocates in Barcelona with his uncle.
• 1907-1909. He attends the Fine Arts school of La Lonja. First travel to Paris (staying for one year)
• 1910. Attempt to travel from France to USA in order to become an actor.
• 1914. He settled in Marsella with a girlfriend from Gandía. He joins the freemasonry.
• 1921. Exhibition in Dalmau.
• 1922. He meets Derain and becomes his assistant for one year.
• 1923. He makes poses for Picasso, known as “Arlequins”.
• 1924. He signs a contract with the Bing gallery where he exhibits his work from 1927 to 1929. Also makes exhibitions in the “Salón de Tullerias” and participates in other collective exhibitions.
• 1925. Autumm saloon exhibition.
• 1926. Independents saloon exhibition
• 1928. Relationship with the Swiss dancer Anita Wiskemann.
• 1931. Contract with the Worms-Billet art gallery.
When he returns to Mont-Roig he paints outdoor sceneries (the critics of the time sayed that “he paints snow like nobody else”) and sends his paintings to Switzerland and to a german merchant. He lives in Mont-Roig and Barcelona until 1936.
• 1936. He settles in le Castellet and shows interest in Russian constructivism. Influenced by the geometric shapes and rigorous concepts of Kandinsky, he paints his first abstract work.
• 1940. He settles in Zurick until 1945.
• 1944. Exhibits at the “Galerie Eaux-Vives”.
• 1945. Lives in between le Castellet and París. He participates in a collective exhibition at the Berna museum.
• 1948. Exhibits at the “Salón des Realités Nouvelles”.
• 1961. He makes glass art in Froclaze. Also he shows interest in ceramics.
• 1971. Exhibitions at the “Simone Séller” gallery and “Juana Mordó” gallery until 1981.
• 1983. He dies in “le Castellet” at the age of 91 years old.